IMPORTANT UPDATE – 28.05.2020
STORES REOPENING - SATURDAY 6TH JUNE
We’re pleased to announce that Hatfields will be reopening both our stores on Saturday 6th June 2020. Further to this, our customer care department will be reopening on Monday 8th June.
When visiting our stores you must adhere to the following new changes:
- Please DO NOT visit our stores if you or anyone in your household are showing symptoms of Covid-19.
- Keep 2m apart from other customers and staff (where possible). Signage and screens are in place at our sales desks to help with this but spatial awareness is required.
- For families visiting with young children, please ensure they remain by your side at all times.
- Hand sanitisers are available throughout the stores.
- Areas of the stores will be operating a one way system, which we would ask you to abide by please.
- Disposable paper coverings will be available and required for testing sofas and beds.
- Customers and staff will not be required to wear a face covering. This is optional.
- At busy times there may be a need to restrict the number of customers in our stores at any one time. This will be monitored and implemented as required.
- We encourage card payments where possible and card machines will be sanitised before and after every transaction.
- If Interest Free Credit is required whilst in store there will be a need for you to touch computer equipment, but this will all be sanitised before and after every transaction.
- There are NO toilet facilities available for our customers.
- Both cafés will remain closed until further notice – we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Due to the nature of the products that we sell/display, we have two vast showrooms which with spatial awareness can be negotiated in a safe way for customers and staff. Please however be mindful of other customers and staff when entering small room settings.
The above listed changes to the store may be subject to alterations without notice and are under constant review.
We appreciate that these changes might not suit every customer, but it is imperative that we keep our staff and customers safe, and therefore these new changes must be adhered to.
We look forward to welcoming you back into our stores.
The Directors & Staff at Hatfields.
IMPORTANT UPDATE - 20.03.2020
WE WILL BE BACK !
The health and safety of Hatfields customers and staff is of the utmost importance and the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) has made us only more attuned to this.
Whilst there have been no reported cases at Hatfields, due to the Covid-19 outbreak, both our stores in Peartree Road TEMPORARILY CLOSED at 5.30pm on 20.03.2020. This is a temporary and precautionary measure until such time as government make reassurances that retail stores can resume operating and maintain safe environments.
We know you will appreciate that this was a tough decision for Hatfields as a local family owned retailer, but these are extraordinary times. We are proud to have never had to shut our doors in our near 134 year history, but we all felt this was the right decision for our customers, staff and community.
To safeguard our employees, you will be happy to know that our office based staff were already working from home and as of 5.30pm on 24.03.2020, our warehouse and deliveries teams will also be at home self-isolating, if they had not already started to do so.
For customers who have urgent queries, our colleagues working from home will respond to emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please bear in mind that there may be some small delay in response and these colleagues will have limitations in their ability to perform all of Hatfields usual operational functions.
It is inevitable that the delivery of existing orders will unfortunately be delayed and we ask for your understanding at this time. Exisitng customers are also being contacted by our team. As soon as trading resumes and our staff are guaranteed a safe working environment, we will be in contact with all our customers once again.
Please be assured that we are closely monitoring all information provided by Public Health England and the government and shall look forward to reopening our doors again, as soon as we are able.
We value the trust and loyalty you place in Hatfields at a local independent retailer, and would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.
Our thoughts at this time are with all those affected by Covid-19 and our gratitude goes to the people who are working tirelessly to care for them.
We look forward to opening our stores once again.
Please stay safe. We wish you well.
From all at Hatfields.